Friday, October 17, 2014

10 Facts You Don't Know About Me

Something different on a Friday here!  I'm still trying to keep up with Alex Beadon's Feel Good Blogging Challenge and Day 4's challenge is to list 10 facts about yourself that most people don't know!  I've been pretty personal with you here on the blog, so this will definitely be challenging.  I'm going to try to keep this post short and sweet since it is TGIF and I know we all want to get on with the party (aka sweats, junk food, and Netflix).

Fact 1. My sister and I are 6 years apart, extremely different personality-wise, but share the same dry humor.  She makes me feel like opposites really do attract, because we are about as close as two best friends can be.

Fact 2. Out of all the foods there is in the world, the foods that I crave the most are chicken fingers/nuggets, french fries, chocolate, and donuts.


Fact 3. My fiancé thinks I have OCD.  I agree with him.  Little things around the house can drive me to my breaking point.  Bed not made.  Dirty mirror.  Toothpaste in sink.  Pillows not set up nicely on the couch.  Tables cluttered.  Everything has a place!  And so on.  I've gotten a lot better about it though since living with a messy boy.  ;)


Fact 4. I love NOSTALGIA.  Home movies, digging through old photographs, visiting places from my childhood - there's just something so odd and intriguing about the feeling of nostalgia.  It feels happy and sad at the same time.


Fact 5. I have 4 tattoos and can think of a dozen more that I'd love to get.  My biggest one is on my back and I came up with the design.  It's a memorial tattoo for my Grandpa who passed away from lung cancer.  Comment below if you'd like to see a post on my tattoo stories.

Fact 6. I feel like this is rare for someone my age, but I've never smoked a cigarette or weed in my life.  Many people don't believe me when I tell them, and that's kind of sad.  I've never had any desire to try either of these things, especially after losing 2 grandparent's to a smoking related disease.

Fact 7. My teacup poodle, Bella, will be 9 this month.  Most people are dumbfounded when they find out she's much older than she looks!  I got her as a Christmas gift my Junior year of high school.  We drove all the way to the Cincinnati airport in Kentucky to get her.  My parent's told me we were picking up my aunt's dogs.


Fact 8. I have a thing for nontraditional baby names.  No way am I going to tell you my favorites!  Haha.  Austin thinks I'm a weirdo.  I have a feeling we'll duke it out when it comes time to naming our children!

Fact 9. I had braces for 6 years.  I'd show you a photo, but I probably burned them all...

Fact 10. Giraffes are my spirit animal.  Seriously, if I'm in a god awful mood, seeing a photo of a giraffe or going to the zoo to see them can light me up.  I don't know what it is about them that makes me love them so much, I just do.


Call to Action:
  • Be sure to sign up for my newsletter aka the BeeIP List!  Trust me, it's a list you'll want to be on in the near future.  Coming soon will be exclusive tips, advice, and inspiration to living a successful and happy life!
  • I'm also on bloglovin', Instagram, and Twitter!  Let be friends, okay? :)
  • Lastly, but certainly not least, comment down below 1 fact about you that I don't know!  Also, which of my facts do you relate to the most?


P.S. I apologize for the super random and sorta crappy quality photos.  I wanted to dig up some old one's for this post to go along with the facts.  I hope you enjoyed!  :)

8 comments:

  1. love your facts! Looking through old pictures, letters, or watching old videos is my favorite! :)

    Arica, xxo
    www.varnakandlollies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking them out :) I'll be sure to check out you blog! xo

      Delete
  2. Great post, Ali! Love your use of photos! Especially that divine donut. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah.. gotta love donut snaps! So yummy! xo

      Delete
  3. This is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! :) I appreciate you stopping by! xo

      Delete
  4. I totally relate to the smoking conundrum. I have never smoked and no one ever believes me either. It doesn't bother me too much since the greatest benefit I get is to my own personal health, but I wish that the norm for others was not to be partaking in that culture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too weird! It drives me nuts when people don't believe me! But hey, whatever, like you said - as long as I know it's true, I feel proud of myself!

      Delete