Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Photoshop Tutorials

So, I've been doing some thinking...  I'm not 100% confident in Photoshop & I probably never will be. I mean Photoshop & digital photography is ever-changing.  But I know my way around & am consistently improving & perfecting the techniques I use when editing my images in Photoshop.

I remember when I first began photography & I told myself that I would never really use Photoshop.  It was too complicated & overwhelming.  I was determined to find a way for my images to stand out from all the others without Photoshop.  Boy, was I wrong.  I'm a photography student at the Academy of Art University, so not using Photoshop wasn't really an option.  Once I took some classes, I was hooked.  I'm always wanting to learn more.  

I know how hard it can be to learn the ropes. 
  • "Oh, how did she make them look like they're levitating?"
  • "I wonder if those are real butterflies or fake ones?  They sure are whimsical!"
  • "How did he create a double exposure image using digital photography?"
  • "Wow, that light leak is really awesome.  Is that real or Photoshopped?"

The questions could go on & on.  These are the kinds of questions every creative photographer asks themselves when admiring other photographer's work.  We often reach out to them, but we don't always hear back.  That's understandable.  People are busy or maybe they just don't want to give away all their secrets.  

But I am determined to help evolving photographers with their Photoshop skills!  I would love to create Photoshop tutorials to help YOU improve your editing skills & ability to create the kind of images that you dream of creating.

I'm going to need your help though.  In order to make this worth my time, these tutorials need to reach as many photographers as possible.  Let's all share the love and knowledge!  Think you can do that for me?  If you're with me, I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!  :)


WITH PHOTOSHOP, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

















4 comments:

  1. I would love something like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm glad to hear :) Excited to have your support during this new adventure of mine!

      Delete
  2. I would love something like this too! Sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete