Sunday, December 28, 2014

Only Dreams Give Birth to Change

I'm going to be honest, there's always been something about New Year's that saddens me a bit inside.  Maybe it's because Christmas is over or because it's just proof that time really does fly by.  I'm not too sure why I get this melancholy feeling around this time of year, but I know that many of you can relate to me.


I've always been one to dwell on the past and miss old memories, wishing I could go back in time, but the older I get, the more I notice myself being more excited for the future than yearning for the past.

The past we yearn for.
The present we are grateful for.
The future we are excited for.

The past is already done with, out of our control, we cannot change what has happened.  The future though, that is completely in our control.  Just knowing that with some hard word and determination, whatever we want to see our future hold, it is totally possible.

"New Year's Day.  A fresh start.  A new chapter in life waiting to be written.  New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved.  Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery.  Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand.  Only dreams give birth to change."
- Sarah Ban Breathnach

So what do you want to make happen in the year 2015?  Think of it as a blank slate.  A whole 365 days to try new things, better your life, self-discover, and chase after new dreams.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment